Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Your First Tweet From TweetDeck


Welcome to the TweetDeck Learning Guide, where I'm going to walk you through using TweetDeck and making it work for you.

The tweet deck main window. This is really the reason you want to use TweetDeck over in browser twitter, but before I start exploring all the amazing things TweetDeck can do, I want to walk you through the basics of using TweetDeck to do the sorts of things you'd do normally on Twitter.

The first, obviously, is Tweeting!


These three buttons are at the top left of your window. I'll come back to them, but for now, we're only interested in the yellow one, the 'Compose Button.'

This is the view from one column view (We'll touch on that later) but the buttons you need for posting are all below the top row.

Where it says "From:" there are two buttons. The first one is my Twitter account. Because Tweetdeck can make calls to multiple networks, this button makes sure you're posting to the right one! In my case, I only have my twitter account, since I don't use Facebook very often.

After selecting the network your post is intended for, you need to write your tweet. The text box below the From line is where you do this. The number counts down your characters, so you know if you're running long, and warns you when you go over with a bright red screen. There is a 'long post' feature, but remember, brevity is the soul of wit, more so on Twitter than elsewhere.

To send it to Twitter, it's a matter of hitting Send or the Enter key. And you're done. You've posted from TweetDeck!

No comments:

Post a Comment